Saturday, November 14, 2009

Me and Santa


Christmas is just around the corner and I have made my list. Santa will be checking it twice. He said that I have been a very good girl this year.
(Little does he know)LOL!
Friday night my good buddy Pam and I went to the Christmas Open House at Antiques in Old Town in Liburn. It was wonderful as always. Rowan and Hugh always welcome their guests with open arms. The Shop was decorated with such a creative touch. There are such wonderful dealers with great talent. The goodies and cider was a warm welcome to the chill of the night. What was very exciting for me was to see a lot of my wonderful friends I haven't seen in awhile. Pam and I walked in the door after Rowan greeted us and didn't get very far when we ran into a wonderful old friend of mine Sally. Her booth is one of the most beautiful booths I have ever seen. She is a dealer I look up to. This girl has a lot of talent. I think Pam and I took 2 steps and we ran into Karen (Fox) and Lynn (LEW). They are both very special friends of mine also. Lynn's friend Laurie was along for the great fun too. She is a talented girl that should have her own store. Another step and I saw Jeanine (TLW) a long time friend and a special friend. If you have ever been at this shop you know that the front door isn't far from the counter. It took Pam and I about ten minutes just to get to the counter. Well, at the counter Pam finally left me because I kept running into more friends. I saw Cheryl who has the first booth on the right when you walk. We never even got to look at anything in her booth. Then there was Robyn. I hadn't seen her in so long. She looks great. Man this was crazy. I turned around and Susan (MVH) was standing there. It was so wonderful to see such good friends at one time. What a great girls night out. Well I finally caught up to Pam on the bottom level. We were hungry and went straight for the cookies and cider. It started all over again. The was Shirley, Janet with her granddaughter, Mary (MAE), and Kris (KL). Man I love seeing them. I hope I didn't leave anyone out that I saw. These girls are all wonderful dealers and I cherish their friendship. So needless to say Pam and I didn't get much shopping done. We then went accross the street to the cute little shop where I sat on Santa's lap and gave him my list of wishes. It was a very festive evening and fun with my buddy Pam. We always have alot of laughs when we are together.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. Sounds like this was a lovely open house. I had plans to go but they changed at the last minute because I am now flying to Italy to see my grandchildren next weekend. Got lots to do for two open houses so I am working those instead. Hope you are doing well and hope to see you at the VV one.

    ReplyDelete